W. SCOTT TURNBULL
Fax: (772) 223-4373
Scott is a business advisor, negotiator, and litigator who represents closely held businesses on planning matters including choice of entity and formation, capitalization and securities law compliance. He guides clients on buy-sell agreements, mergers and acquisitions, entity conversion planning, and family business transition planning.
Scott also handles broker-dealer and investor arbitrations, condominium and homeowner association disputes, real estate disputes, and probate and trust litigation. His experience includes jury and bench trials and over 40 arbitration hearings.
Prior to joining Crary Buchanan, Scott was a partner with an international law firm of Miller Canfield, PLLC based in Detroit, Michigan, and a federal law clerk for two years for Lawrence P. Zatkoff, the former Chief Judge for the Eastern District of Michigan. Scott was the editor-in-chief of the law review at the University of Detroit School of Law and holds an LL.M. in Business Law from the University of Alabama School of Law.
Scott’s mission is to understand the client’s financial objectives, develop a realistic business and legal strategy that is best suited to the client’s needs, and advise the client during the execution of that strategy to obtain the desired goals.
Scott is admitted to practice in the following courts:
- Southern, Middle, Northern Districts of Florida;
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Northern District of Illinois
- Sixth and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Member of the Economic Council of Martin County
- Member of the St. Lucie Economic Development Council
- Member of the Business Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Member of the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member of the Martin County Bar Association
CIVIC, CULTURAL & SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
- Treasured Lands Foundation, Director
- Florida Oceanographic Society, Director
- Volunteer for Visiting Nurses Association’s
- Golf and Sporting Clay Fundraising Events