Our team of attorneys truly care about you and your family, not just the outcome of your case.
In Memoriam: 1941-2012
Larry E. Buchanan joined the firm in 1967, and was elevated to manager in 1970. Larry’s practice was concentrated in the area of general corporate counsel for a multi-corporate health care system providing health care through acute care hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, home health care services, walk-in medical clinics, wellness centers and a tax-exempt foundation. He also served as general corporate counsel for a community mental health provider and as attorney to an industrial development authority.
His practice included tax-exempt bond financing for health care providers as well as representation of a local industrial development authority providing financing for local and national companies. Larry had extensive experience in the purchase and sale of businesses and general contract negotiations associated with commercial transactions. His practice also included general real estate, probate and estate planning. Larry earned his B.A. from the University of Florida in 1963. He was awarded a Juris Doctor in 1966 from the University of Florida College of Law.
Larry was “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Past Professional Affiliations:
- The Florida Bar (1967-Present) Grievance Committee (Past Member)
- Board of Governors of Young Lawyers Section (Past Member)
- Florida Supreme Court and all other Florida Courts (Past Member)
- United States Supreme Court (Past Member)
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (Past Member)
- United States District Court, Southern and Middle District of Florida (Past Member)
- Martin County Bar Association (Past President) (Past Member)
- American Health Care Lawyers Association (Past Member)
- National Health Lawyers Association (Past Member)
Past Civic and Community Service:
- United Way of Martin County (Founding Member and First President)
- Stuart-Martin County Chamber of Commerce (Past President)
- Martin County Economic Council (Founding Member, Director and Secretary)
- Martin County Gator Club (Founding Member and Past President)
- Stuart Kiwanis Club (Member 1967-1989)
- First United Methodist Church (Finance Committee, Chairman Staff Parish Relations)
We are one of the oldest law firms on Florida’s Treasure Coast, and we value our long-standing relationships with clients.
Our attorneys consider it an honor to contribute their time and energy to improving our community, our government and the legal profession as a whole.
Our team of attorneys is made up of professionals who are experienced in handling all types of cases.