Board Certified means that the attorney in question has met the requirements necessary to be certified as a specialist in a particular area of practice by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education.
Board certification makes it easier for consumers to find attorneys who have special expertise in the certification practice areas, and allows certified lawyers to communicate their special knowledge and experience to the public and other lawyers.
How does a lawyer become board certified? To become certified as a specialist a lawyer must:
- Be an active member, in good standing, of The Florida Bar.
- Have practiced law for a minimum of five years.
- Pass a written examination in the specialty area.
- Demonstrate substantial experience in the specialty area.
- Complete approved continuing legal education programs with an emphasis in the specialty area.
- Have the ability and experience in the specialty field favorably evaluated by judges and other lawyers.
How many of Crary Buchanan’s lawyers are board certified?
Crary Buchanan presently has four lawyers who are board certified. We have lawyers who are board certified in the areas of Civil Trial, Real Estate Law, and Wills, Trusts & Estates.