STEVEN D. BERES
Fax: (772) 223-4350
Steve represents a broad range of clients including individuals and families engaged in estate planning, corporate and individual personal representatives and trustees responsible for properly administering wills and trusts, beneficiaries seeking to enforce and confirm their rights in estates and trusts, and creditors with claims against estates and trusts. He has over 30 years’ experience with the tax issues which impact on estate planning and administration, preparation of estate tax (706), generation-skipping tax (706-GS) and fiduciary income tax (1041) returns, and responding to Internal Revenue Service audits of those returns.
Steve earned his B.S. in Business, Cum Laude, in 1978 from Florida State University. He was awarded a J.D. with Honors, in 1981 from the Florida State University College of Law, where he was a member of the Florida State University Law Review. He continued his legal education and earned a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in Estate Planning from the University of Miami School of Law in 1982. Steve is board certified by the Florida Bar in the area of Wills, Trusts and Estates.
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Martin County Estate Planning Council
Civic and Community Service
- Martin Health Foundation (Current Board Member)
- Florida United Methodist Development Fund, Inc. (Past Chairman of the Board)
- Florida United Methodist Foundation, Inc. (Past Board Member)
- First United Methodist Church, Stuart, Florida (Past Estate Planning Committee Member)
- YMCA of Martin County Foundation, Inc. (Past Board Member)
Co-author, Limiting Liability of a Financial Institution Releasing a Decedent’s Funds, Fla. B. J., November 1989, at 31.